There are a number of courses readily available in our modern world whether these are run by professional bodies, dedicated companies, local universities, other local organisations or online these are all worth looking into and present you with different options.
Courses – whether they are required by your job or not – are a great way of expanding your skills, knowledge and adding something to that all important CV. They are equally important regardless of whether you are a job-seeker, looking for a promotion or looking for a career change.
Do you have a training budget? If not, not why not? Have you asked!
If work won’t provide you with the training (or you want to learn new skills outside of your job description) are you prepared to find the time to sit the course and fund it yourself? Yes? Then you need a training plan.
Before starting consider the answers to the following questions:
- What training have I already undertaken to get here?
- What training am I required to do by law or company policy?
- What training does my employer provide me with?
- Is there any else they should be providing me with?
- Is there anything I already do online / in my free time?
- What training do I need for get the job/position I want?
- Will my employer provide me with this training?
- What form will this training take?
- Is there anything else I need to do myself?
- What is next?
Once you know the answer to these questions you can start to formulate a plan.