R is for resourceful and resourcefulness.
What is Resourcefulness?
Resourcefulness is “the ability to find quick and clever ways to overcome difficulties“.
Post-recession being resourceful is now a necessary skill for today’s generation of lawyers and future leaders. Yes part of it is “doing more with less” and “utilising the resources you have” but a large part of it is believing that you can overcome the difficulties before you and encouraging others to do the same.
Employers place value on resourcefulness, innovation, creativity and most of all solutions.
Skill Development Plan
- Keep an open mind – say “Yes I can do this” and try and find a solution.
- Get out of your comfort zone regularly – don’t be afraid to try new things – you never know what you might learn.
- Be pro-active, not reactive to things that are happening around you.
- Build your Network. They can be a great resource.
- Learn what resources are available to you and learn how to use them.